eigene Beiträge| neueste Beiträge| ungelesene Beiträge| unbeantwortete Beiträge| aktive Themen| Fördermitgliedschaft| Cockerpage

AcidCustom: Neuer ETek3 Karbontrigger

Griffschalen, Feedtubes, Schnick-Schnack usw.
weidex
Internetzpaintballer
Internetzpaintballer

AcidCustom: Neuer ETek3 Karbontrigger

10.09.2010 19:30

Ein amerikanischer Hobby 3D CAT User hatte die Idee für einen neuen Trigger und kontaktierte John von AcidCustom.
Nach einigen Gesprächen einigte man sich, dass wenn John korrekt vermessene 3D Daten bekommt, der Trigger nach diesen Angaben gefertigt wird.

Kurzerhand wurde das neue Design in Solidworks 2006 erstellt und schon bald darauf der erste Prototyp produziert.
Interessant ist dass John während des ganzen Prozesses keine ETek3 zur Hand hatte, der Trigger aber gleich auf Anhieb gut passte.

Anbei ein paar Bilder des neuen Savage Triggers von AcidCustoms
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
A few months ago John from Acid Customs posted on a forum about his carbon fiber triggers. What caught my attention was that he seemed to be wanting to expand his product line to other markers and also that he makes the triggers in small batches, truly “custom” in every sense of the word. Small batches also means he can do prototyping for far cheaper than larger operations. I’ve been working with 3d CAD modeling programs mainly for fun, but I saw this as an opportunity to actually get something I design made. John and I negotiated an agreement, I would do all the measurements of the stock Etek3 trigger as far as the trigger interface with the marker and draw it up for him. This would allow him to adapt one of his many custom shapes to fit etek3 markers. In exchange I requested that he make for me my own custom design. I call the shape Savage and modeled it with Solidworks 2006.

I will be reviewing my own Savage design and how well AcidCustom was able to execute the design into an actual part. The whole thing went off beautifully. I don’t believe John even had access to an Etek3 marker during the entire process so I was very pleased that my measurements and drawings were accurate and his manufacturing process was precise that the trigger fit perfect without any issue.

Basically the trigger was made via e-mail correspondence and that it fit perfectly was I think pretty damn impressive on both our parts. John’s work is excellent. The part follows the all the design goals and the fit and finish is of the highest quality. As far as execution, John did perfect. The one issue that his carbon fiber triggers will have is the set screws are not the stock size. They are a slightly smaller (Update: 4x40 stainless steel grub screws and use a 0.050" hex key), so the Planet Eclipse allen keys wont work with it. I have a full allen key set including some very small ones, and I found one that worked.

The Savage design is an exaggerated “Scythe”-type shape. The skeletonizing cuts are mostly for aesthetics. Compared to the stock Etek3 trigger shape, Savage is drastically pulled out in the middle finger portion. For me this is a significant improvement as I tend to pull more with my middle finger. The extra leverage means I don’t have to walk the trigger to shoot fast in semi, or to engage ramping. I find that I have more control over the marker in aim and snap shooting reflex when I pull rather than walk the trigger. The fully radius front face feels great to the touch and allows me to have consistent contact area, finger to trigger, even when shooting from odd positions or when almost pulling the trigger from angles other straight. Now I don’t really buy into the exotic materials hype of carbon fiber paintball products, but this trigger, skeletonized as it is, is so light weight (John told me ~3 grams), I don’t need to use a return magnet. I have the featherlite switch in there, a 25 gram lever switch. The lever switch is enough to give the ludicrously lightweight trigger a nice crisp and responsive feel. John offers his designs with repelling magnet return (as opposed to the stock attracting magnets) per request. The thing could have been made from aluminum and probably be just as good but CF is cool. Its like putting nice cherrywood grip panels on your 1911.

Overall the project and the collaboration was a success, and Im pretty stoaked about having the first Savage trigger in my Etek3. Its also kindof a milestone for me as its my first CAD design made into a product. Prototyping stuff or making things in very small batches costs a fortune, so I have John to thank for making one of my designs a reality. John engraved JWU, my initials, so it will be known as the original. Acidcustoms now can make triggers in any of the shapes shown below, including Savage, for the Etek3 and for the other markers he already works with (ego 10, SLS, past versions Egos, etc, I don’t know have a complete list, he will have to elaborate on that).

His is a small operation, making product in small batches, so you really get to talk to him one-on-one to discuss what you want made.

Acidcustom.com. There is no online ordering or carts and whatnot, its true custom.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
quad-damage
Rec-Baller
Rec-Baller

11.09.2010 10:31

Ich weiss schon welche Variante sich am besten verkauft ... ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
King_MoE
Rookie
Rookie

11.09.2010 19:17

quad-damage hat geschrieben:Ich weiss schon welche Variante sich am besten verkauft ... ;)
Die aus Karbon ?? :hurra: :hurra:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
daywoker
Podbitch
Podbitch

11.09.2010 22:51

Karbon????

wenn mans brauch :denk: