eigene Beiträge| neueste Beiträge| ungelesene Beiträge| unbeantwortete Beiträge| aktive Themen| Fördermitgliedschaft| Cockerpage

Shocker Slug Bodys

Shocker, Ion, Epiphany, Vibe, Eos, Impulse
Bild

icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
ForumBadges: BildBildBild
XtraBadges:
zeigen

Shocker Slug Bodys

01.07.2014 07:38

In Anlehnung an den Slugbody der Automag baut Ynda slugbodys für die Shocker
jeder kann sich dann Designtechnisch austoben. Was möglich ist, hat Ynda mit dem Spinal Body http://pbhub.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77735 gezeigt.
Ydna hat geschrieben:There's enough people talking about this so I wanted to start a new thread about it. The project is long from being done but I'll update this thread as we get closer.
I've delayed posting on this project because it's hit a couple detours over the last few months, where the details of the bodies got all shaken up and altered. I don't want people to read outdated information then buy one only to find out something changed. This is going to get confusing because I currently have a couple early version prototypes which are already outdated. I'll try to keep things organized.

Okay so here's the scoop. At some point in the futuretime I'm going to start selling unmilled Shocker "slug" bodies that are SIMILAR to what you can see below. I say similar because one of the changes I've made is eliminating the solenoid inserts. More on that later.

This is what my preproduction bodies look like at the time of this posting.
Bild
^ preproduction slug bodies, revision 1.3.

Bild
^ preproduction slug bodies, revision 1.3. (picture added May 23, 2014)

Bild
^ boss feedneck with one of my basic Nummech feedneck housings. (same feedneck from Zealot prototypes, compatible with Empire/J4/Nummech)
(picture added May 23, 2014)

Changes being made:
  • Eliminated the solenoid inserts and replaced them with a directly-ported rail component. This is the biggest change and is the main reason why I keep saying the v1.3 bodies are outdated - the v1.3 bodies seen above DO NOT include this change because they were too old. If you want to see a picture of how this will be done, look here or here.
  • Eliminated the tiny loctited set screws; see above.
  • Compatible with boss-latching feednecks from a Sniper/Vanquish/Resurrection/Torque/Zealot. These are MUCH more reliable than any threaded feedneck so I'm making the change. I will sell raw feednecks if you want one, or you can get an anodized one from a large Empire distributor/retailer.
  • Compatible with Autococker-threaded barrels. I might make some with NXT/Ion/Impulse threads if there's enough demand, haven't decided yet.
  • There's several other small changes to the bodies, but most are simply alterations done to make them easier to manufacture. No big deal!
Other characteristics:
  • Compatible with both SFT reflective eyes or NXT beam-break eyes. You can use either eye hardware regardless of the eye cover style.
  • Compatible with both SFT and NXT eye covers. Use long-style threaded Impulse/ShockerSFT ball detents with SFT eye covers, or use the NXT 3-48 threaded screws with NXT eye covers. Also compatible with unmilled slug NXT-style eye covers which are coming soon (coming soon at the time of this writing)
  • Compatible with all Shocker SFT/NXT fire chamber variations (the bodies do not have a "window" unless you choose to mill one).
  • Compatible with both SFT and NXT vertical adapters just like factory NXT bodies.
  • EDIT: The frame has been shifted rearward by around 3/8". Therefore there's an additional 3/8" gap between the frame and vertical adapter.
  • Compatible with all factory Shocker SFT/NXT solenoids, manifolds, and frames.
  • Extended raw material on the sides, front, and top of the marker body. Even the factory bodies didn't have this much material available.
What will be included?
  • Shocker Slug body with individualized serial number.
  • Optional: Slug unmilled eye covers (estimated cost is $30 for the pair)
  • Optional: Nummech boss-latch feedneck (estimated cost is $35)
  • Optional: basic 3-axis milling fixture (see info below)
  • Manufacturing prints that can be used to carry forward additional milling from the Slug body form. (this information will also be posted here and on my ZDS CAD file post).
  • Basic hardware for each body is included. (air chamber plug set screws, air port sealing o-rings) I have most other screws available if you need them.
  • Preliminary manufacturing prints for the "suggested" mounting fixture designs are also available. These fixtures will allow you to accurately workhold the body in order to access the top, left, and right side of the marker using a typical 3-axis mill. This is more up to the person doing the final machining work since everybody has their own ideas, but I'll help however I can.
Who can buy one of these?
I will be selling these to anybody that wants one. However, there will be a noticeable price break depending on how many bodies you buy.

How many moneydollars???
At this point I'm not sure, I'm haven't finished running the numbers since the project is not finalized.

When will they be ready for sale?
I'm currently backed up until at least mid-2014. So I would guess they will be finished up in 2014 sometime.

That's all I have for now. I can answer specific questions so long as things don't get too confusing. I warned you!! :)
Ydna hat geschrieben:Yes I'll have all the CAD files available for anyone right off the website. I wouldn't do you wrong! Not just the CAD files but also required notes on the portions of the body which can be used for precision locating.
I'd have already released this info to give people a jumpstart on their ideas, but the design is still shifting around here and there.

There'll actually be two versions of the CAD files available (below picture).
1. "Raw" square extrusion, which shows all of the available material.
2. My version of a basic "tube body", which is essentially a simplified UL-milled body.
You CAD guys should be able to come up with anything you want using one or both of those. The raw body can be cut inward, while the tube body can be used to model shapes outward by using the tube structure as a basis.

Bild

In the past, companies tend to only release the "raw" files, like the extrusion model above. But that doesn't do much good for showing things like areas to avoid, minimum clearances, basic shapes used as a starting point, etc. It's also only conducive to a "subtractive" CAD modeling style, which not everybody follows. That's why I made the tube body.

Fixture connection points is something like this (once I update it to reflect "final" dimensions)
Bild

Reference information (again, needs to be updated)
Bild

File for a sample milling fixture, which you can buy from me if you want.
Bild

Even though the transfer plate is a separate component, it should be joined up with the body when doing cosmetic milling. So even once those prints are updated, the final appearance will be very similar.
Ydna hat geschrieben:I think a frame-routed air supply wouldn't be out of the question due to the nature of my "transfer plate" system being modular. It would need different ports drilled, but that's something people have been asking about anyway. I think making a gun like that would be easiest if using a hose-barb solenoid, which would probably be the only real "downside" (if you call it a downside).

Making modified parts like that is *possible* but not exactly in line with what I'm looking to provide, at least not initially. The first thing I have to do is get the typical Slug bodies shipping, then after they're stocked up I can turn attention to modified items like that. It would actually be an interesting avenue for people looking to make ultra-custom spool valve markers from scratch, so long as they could fit within the confines of the Shocker screw pattern and whatnot.

I'm getting closer to finishing these up. I've been talking with Tyler-smartballer on reverting the design of the slug eye covers for use with NXT detent plungers, and simply manufacturing those on my own in order to make them available for anybody using NXT markers. No promises yet, but may things are on the table of ideas.

Another idea has popped up over the last few weeks, that's for making the transfer plate have an integrated front reg mount. This is easy to do but increases the materials cost by quite a bit, since there's a giant chunk of material that would need to be milled off around the FRM area. I like this idea for simplicity and also for "bringing the marker up to par" with current day tech, but the cost increase is the downside. Thoughts?

Bild
Ydna hat geschrieben:Semi-update! I prototyped the slug's unmilled eye covers. This is basically my redesigned version of the NXT eye cover, but without the internal screw. I changed it to a more traditional bolt-from-the-outside design because it's MUCH easier to do (aka. the only way I can keep it cheap)

Bild

Bild
Preproduction slug body

Bild
^ that's installed in a Shocktech NXT, it shows approximately how much meat there is on the slug bodies.

I have to test the detent fit but I'm hopeful. Barring any changes, I'd like to crank out a batch of them and make them available for anybody so you can fit them onto your SFT or NXT, base model or private label. I'm also going to make a little eye cover fixture that you can buy if you want to file/dremel/mill the top of a slug cover.

Note: I plan to mill them shorter for use on SFT base model bodies. that way they'll at least match.
Ydna hat geschrieben:Okay dudes. CUrrently I'm programming the Slugs, so no more changes! Our path is set!!

1. I bought some material over the weekend which will become the pre-production models of the most recent Slug body design (version-2.3). I began the process to make two preproduction bodies for testing the transfer plate design. If the new parts are worthy then I'll blow into the rest of the raw material and make more. I won't have many ready right off the bat, so please be patient...making these will take a considerable amount of time even once the design is up and running.

The first steps of the body and transfer plate are done....
Bild

2. I don't want to release CAD files until the design is tested. It'll just be too confusing if I have to make another change and everybody's files are outdated. As soon as the design is tested out I'll upload everything!

3. I've wrapped up the last couple changes to the "final" design (hopefully!). A couple things:
- I added an integrated hardstop for the SFT trigger pre-travel set screw problem I described earlier. You'll have to use a small allen key to work the eye ribbon through the canal, but it should be pretty similar to the NXT bodies. All triggers compatible!
- It's possible you will need to make small modifications to a SFT Shocker frame to mount it on the body. The little screws that hold the transfer plate might get in the way of the frame toward the back (behind the solenoid). You should be able to clear out this material with a common metal file. A dremel would make things easier. It looks like a Shocker NXT frame won't need any modifying I can't say for certain about Hybrid SFT or CCM frames.
- I enlarged the air ports leading between the body and transfer plate. There's 16% more area available for the solenoid to vent through the body. If you want the bolt to move fast, this is good for you.
- I added an adjustable set screw underneath the solenoid manifold which will constrict the solenoid when pushing the bolt forward. If you want the bolt to move slow, this is good for you. You can adjust it without taking the gun apart.
The adjustable speed control is NOT compatible with the stock solenoid manifolds, so you'll need a new one to take advantage of the feature. If you don't care about bolt speed then no problem because all stock manifolds are still compatible. The adjustable control manifolds will be made from stainless steel and cost the same as an aluminum one.
Overall I'm happy with this because it's the only way to get BOTH a stainless manifold and an adjustable bolt speed system rolled into one. Before now you had to choose, do you want a stainless unstrippable manifold from NDZ or Evolve, or do you want adjustable bolt speed from SP's "air vent" manifold or Speedscustom manifold. Well now you can have both....if you want. If not then hey go for a stock manifold.

Bild

I think that's it for now. At this point I need to make fixtures before I can move forward with the prototyping, so I'm not sure how long that will take. But I want to have the preproduction bodies for testing before my big game at the end of july, we'll see if it's possible....
Zuletzt geändert von icp-ms am 01.07.2014 07:43, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.07.2014 07:42

Welches Design würdet ihr auf die Shocker bringen?

Klar die coolen Jungs spielen den rohen Slugbody

Gibt es hier überhaupt Leute mit so guten CAD Skills um so ein Projekt zu verwirklichen?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurzer
X-Baller
X-Baller

01.07.2014 09:17

Hmm Templer Shocker.... :denk: gemillte Predator Shocker... :rock:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Alter Sack
Förderduuuuude
Förderduuuuude
ForumBadges: Bild

01.07.2014 09:55

Boston Twister Design! Oder Flames(Flammen gehen immer ;) )
Den eigenen Namen an der Seite reliefartig herausarbeiten, so ähnlich wie das "Shocktech" bei den alten SFL-Cockerbodys.
Aber leider keinerlei Möglichkeiten so was zu realisieren.... :dunno: :cry2: *wink*

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Feldmouse
Rookie
Rookie

01.07.2014 10:06

Glaub ihr es gibt die Möglichkeit die 3D Daten des Slugbodys zu bekommen. Also mit den Bohrungen ec. ?
Wenn ja könnten ich mich mal ransetzen wenn jemand ernsthaftes Interesse hat.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xgambitx
Teilzeitarschloch
Teilzeitarschloch

01.07.2014 10:21

Geil, ne Flex und Grobfeilen-Schogger!!!
Was soll der Body kosten?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.07.2014 10:27

Wenn die Daten final sind werden die CAD datein zur Verfügung gestellt. Müsste und enteil mit dem UL Body stehen
Vorläufige CAD files gibts auch schon

Wie wäre eine pbhub shocker?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xgambitx
Teilzeitarschloch
Teilzeitarschloch

01.07.2014 10:41

icp-ms hat geschrieben:Wenn die Daten final sind werden die CAD datein zur Verfügung gestellt. Müsste und enteil mit dem UL Body stehen
Vorläufige CAD files gibts auch schon

Wie wäre eine pbhub shocker?
Du willst doch nur Deinem Sammelwahn nachgeben...Suchti! :lool:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BillyTheKid
Sith-Lord
Sith-Lord
Trusted Seller: Bild
ForumBadges: Bild
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.07.2014 11:03

für Sascha machen wir ne Selbsthilfegruppe... Anonyme-Shocker-Suchtis :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.07.2014 11:05

ihr wisst, ich bin schwach

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xgambitx
Teilzeitarschloch
Teilzeitarschloch

01.07.2014 11:08

Hallo, mein Name ist Ronny und ich bin paintballsüchtig, speziell auf SP/DLX/WGP...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.07.2014 11:13

Mein Name ist Sascha und ich... ich... ich kann nicht :hoil:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Toub
Rookie
Rookie

01.07.2014 19:24

icp-ms hat geschrieben:
Gibt es hier überhaupt Leute mit so guten CAD Skills um so ein Projekt zu verwirklichen?
Ja :-). Und sogar Die Maschinen dazu...also was willst ? :-D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.07.2014 19:29

Deine zeit ^^

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

21.07.2014 08:56

Ydna hat geschrieben:I just got back from the shop! It's been an interesting couple days, there was some good work and some bad work. The good news is I was able to complete the preproduction bodies and transfer plates. There's a couple pics below.

Bild

Bild
^ Body/plate o-ring gaskets turned out like I hoped. There's a new ovular o-ring groove for sealing up the solenoid's input supply. The body is also engraved with "keep out" zones around the sealing o-rings, in case you modders end up doing something weird!

The other holes you see are either the frame screw holes, the solenoid manifold screw holes, the new transfer plate mount screws, or pinholes for milling alignment.

Anyway, I was a little worried that moving the frame backward was going to stretch the eye ribbon too far. Fortunately it looks like everything will be okay after doing some test fits. Installing the ribbon is different compared to the stock bodies since the ribbon canals are quite different.

Bild
^ a reflective eye (I didn't have an NXT beam-break eye at the shop)

Bild

Bild
^ Here's how the two eye ribbon canals meet together. The transfer plate has a hidden passageway which intersects with the triangular slot in the body. The hole is there to allow you to poke at the ribbon to help guide it. (that's a very large picture, open it in a new window if you want to see down the hole)

I want to make a video to show things, but I need to finish the detents first. Later this week I guess (if there's time)

I still need to finish these:
NXT detents
Test out the detent springs
Test fit the eye covers
Bolt speed stainless solenoid manifold (probably won't get to this for a while)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.09.2014 07:06

Die CAD Files für den Slugbody stehen jetzt für alle Verfügung.

Wer hat die Skills und mag sich mal dran austoben?
[-]
Bild
Ydna hat geschrieben:I'm back! Some progress has been made...I've uploaded a swathe of files onto the ZDSPB CAD file post.
- Slug body models
- Some new OEM Shocker parts (accurate models for SFT frame, trigger, pins, eye parts)
- Nummech's Empire-compatible feedneck. The feedneck is more complex than the one you may have seen on my Spinal body, but it's functionally the same (has much more intricate cosmetics and some small refinements).
- My not-made-yet Shocker Pie frame is also uploaded, in case you're interested in that thing for the future

DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!!!

I don't know when those feednecks will get made so I'm trying to get my hands on one of Empire's Sniper or Resurrection Autococker feednecks since those are available now. But I've also verified that a J4 Torque feedneck will fit, in case anybody ends up buying one of those to use on their build. It uses a smaller screw for the body boss collar so it's no problem.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xgambitx
Teilzeitarschloch
Teilzeitarschloch

01.09.2014 10:19

Sehr geil...machst Du Dir einen Sascha?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.09.2014 10:43

hätte gern einen Body in einem Karniartigem Hummer Milling mit pbhub.de Schriftzug als Reliefgravur <3

hab nur keine CAD Skills :'(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
-shifty-
Rec-Baller
Rec-Baller

01.09.2014 12:36

Wenns mal die Arbeit zulässt werd ich mich mal drüber machen!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.09.2014 12:47

das wäre pornös

wie wäre es mit einer Kleinserie 10-15 fertige Markierer incl Deutscher offizieller Zulassung?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xgambitx
Teilzeitarschloch
Teilzeitarschloch

01.09.2014 12:56

Ich brauch nur nen Body... :hallo:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
-shifty-
Rec-Baller
Rec-Baller

01.09.2014 12:57

Des wäre richtig dick!
Aber wie schaut es mit kosten für so ne Zulassung aus

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nuke'em
Rookie
Rookie

01.09.2014 14:23

Kann nur der eingetragene Waffehändler beim Ptb machen.
Ich denke das geht auch nur mit einer kompletten Shocker.
Dann sind es 300 Euro für die Anzeige im Register + das hinterlegen einer Shocker ohne F Stempel.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
XtraBadges:
zeigen

01.09.2014 14:36

man muss sich natürlich wen mit WHL ins boot holen.
ich checks mal ab :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nuke'em
Rookie
Rookie

01.09.2014 14:47

Ach so wenn die in Deutschland hergestellt wird darf dies natürlich nur durch einen Büchsenmacher oder Waffenhersteller geschehen. Ansonsten nur Import.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Zurück zu „Smart Parts ¦ GOG“